Monday, July 5, 2010

Surf 'n Turf for the 4th


Anna and I celebrated our first Independence Day on Woodland Ave with the Moore's and a tasty surf & turf extravaganza. Lobstah tails and fat, juicy fillets...it's the closest to a 4th of July in Maine that we could manage :)


It was actually my first experience with lobster on the grill...a little nerving (the last thing I wanted to do was screw up $70 worth of fish) and those babies caught fire immediately! I figured I was done for. It all turned out just fine, though, and made for one heck of a holiday meal.

Salami & cheddar, Black label, and pink ninjas for appetizers. The full menu included fresh green beans & almonds, homemade mashed potatoes, salad, soft/heavenly garlic bread, and lots o' wine. Festive shortcake for desert. Sparklers, glow sticks, and several fine cigars from Brian's prized collection made for solid late night entertainment.

Pretty great 4th.

No comments:

Post a Comment