Sunday, April 11, 2010

We've got beef with the CB (Carpenter Bee)

This weekend wasn't just about The Masters or our first experience with Direct TV. P-Mac (aka Pam) discovered the carpenter bee during her visit, she's had beef with them before. We found not just one, but the whole gang. In case you're unfamiliar with the CB, he's a large, hairy, ugly, flying termite bee who makes a home for himself inside of your back deck, burrowing in anything from dead wood to bamboo (luckily for the CB, we have plenty of both on Woodland Ave). These critters are capable of serious damage and must be taken out. This weekend, it was on.

Anywho...Yesterday I waited until dusk to take my vengeance. We've found at least 6 large burrows (holes) and I had my way with all of them.  The trick with CB's -- you have to watch them nearly all day to find out where they're burrowing, then wait until they've retired for the evening, and take it to them. They make this awful hissing sound when you've sprayed...it's extremely cool. Tommy was making us cocktails when he heard me blasting. He came outside and took out a few himself that I couldn't reach. It was gangster.

Laughing about it this morning, Tommy and I agreed, we needed a rap song about our beef with the CB, so Tommy came up with this little diddy. Apparently everybody has a rap song now -- anyone heard of JJ Redick's soon-to-be released rap album?  I'm sure his is more of a joke......but there isn't anything funny about our beef with the CB.

Monsteri's debut single: 187 on the CB (Carpenter Bee)

Woke up this mornin' and my head poundin' from that Shiraz
Get my Crocs on and I make it to the bath
Throw up my shades and Lynchburg lookin' good
Put my 'Mega on...it's another day up on tha 'Wood

Make my way to the stairs and I hear PGBizzle barkin'
That Scoutness Monster outside with big Maybel...they straight-up markin'


Kick it to the kitchen and who do I see...?
The MacMonster chillin' on the deck lookin' like an OG

MacMonster MacMonster what do you see?
She throw up that Monsteri sign...points to tha CB

187 187 on tha CB... we gonna wait til the sun go down and set them souls free
187 187 on tha CB... we gonna wait til the sun go down and set them souls free

So Mac and I raise up out the 'Wood and grab the keys to my Three
Come nightfall it's One-Eighty-Seven on the wood eatin' Bee
We gonna find that CB crib and hit 'em with that Spectraside
They messin' with the wrong deck and may just have to die

We roll up to the Lowe's and find that killa spray
When that night fall, CB gangsta's gonna pay


7PM on the dot and the Monsteri down for killin'
We roll down the block and catch them CB's slippin'

SHHH CHHCHH SHHHH CHHCHH SHHHHH CHHCHH SHHHHH
SHHH CHHCHH SHHHH CHHCHH SHHHHH CHHCHH SHHHH
 

187 187 on tha CB... we gonna wait til the sun go down and set them souls free
187 187 on tha CB... we gonna wait til the sun go down and set them souls free

Be on the lookout for our music video.

2 comments: