Wondering what that is to the left? That's a groundhog, that is. Several weeks ago, I looked out the window and could have sworn that I left Scout outside in the back yard. There was a red, furry critter strolling around that was approximately the size of a dachshund. Hmm....
Of course, this recurrent visitor needed a name: Leroy Brown. Leroy seems to think he owns the place.
When we returned from our trip to Sewanee, I looked out to check on Leroy. I saw big, fat Leroy...and another...and another...and another. Turns out we have an entire family of groundhogs living in the bamboo on the other side of the fence (I sure am glad that someone seems to enjoy the bamboo forest...). Now the question is: Is Leroy really Loretta?
Other visitors: We have a bluebird (that we'll call "Betty) that has moved into the little birdhouse (yay!) and a bunny that periodically hops around. Thankfully neither Gracie no Scout has any inkling of "huntress." I do have to go out and stomp around on the deck so that Leroy & Co. can safely exit the yard before bulldog and dachshund descend. I'm sure our neighbors think we are certifiably insane.
...and then there's this guy, who I rescued (very slowly) crossing the street this morning. When Tommy came out to go to work, he was already on his way and nowhere to be seen. I absolutely love turtles, so I was kind of hoping he would like to stay in our yard for a while.


No comments:
Post a Comment